About Christian Community Home of Osceola
Christian Community Home of Osceola will be a place of care, guidance and security; a place of individual choice, dignity and respect. Simply put, a place to call home.
A Legacy of Care
Our community's legacy of care towards its seniors is something to be proud of. Creating a place of comfort for those who carry such wisdom and strength is our opportunity to care for those who cared for us.
Everyone approaches their senior years differently. We may be healthy and active or enduring a difficult illness. We may be prosperous or find ourselves penniless. Whatever our circumstances, there may come a time when we need more. More care. More guidance. More security.
Fulfilling the Need
Together, Christian Community Homes' (CCH') 28 years of experience in award-winning senior services and 75 years of personal, quality health care delivered by Osceola Medical Center (OMC) form a solid foundation for this project. Having similar cultures and philosophies, the partnership brings a nursing home back to residents of Osceola and the surrounding communities. Built on the 134-acre campus of OMC, CCH of Osceola will consist of a 40-bed Skilled Nursing Facility and a 16-bed Memory Care Center, licensed as a Community Based Residential Facility.
Unique Neighborhood Design
We spend our entire lives living in neighborhoods and communities surrounded by people and activities. Why should it be any different in our senior years? CCH of Osceola will be built using "neighborhood design" concepts. This emerging philosophy is a significant departure from the traditional, stereotypical institutional nursing home model. With the primary focus on the lifestyle of the residents, spacious rooms with private baths are clustered into smaller units called "households" to give a more homelike experience. Featured amenities that make this facility a home for residents and a destination for family and friends include:
CCH of Osceola's facility will be connected to Osceola Medical Center. This physical link will prove invaluable to both residents and caregivers, and is unique among nursing homes today.
Residents have the opportunity to choose state-of-the-art medical services on site.
Anchored by OMC and CCH of the Osceola, the vision for the campus is to create a destination for the community, including a spectrum of wellness services:
Preserving Dignity through Choice
CCH of Osceola preserves individual dignity and independence by providing as much choice as possible in the daily lives of residents.
- Enjoy spacious rooms for individual or couples with private bathrooms and showers
- Entertain family and friends in a homelike setting
- Choose from a restaurant style menu
- Dine in a large group or in a smaller setting
- Dine with family
- Dine al fresco, weather permitting
- Gather with a small group in a household lounge
- Socialize with larger groups in common areas
- Attend entertainment in the amphitheater
- Join friends and family at Friday's 'happy hour'
- Move freely between indoor and outdoor spaces
- Relax in peaceful gardens and courtyards
- Enjoy watching children at play
- Participate in organized activities
- Benefit from exercise and wellness programs
- Attend Chapel services
- Visit with a Chaplain or chosen faith leader
Dignity beyond Memory
When memory issues interfere with independence, dignity is preserved by sensitive guidance in activities of daily living. In the Memory Care Center, residents' sense of self-worth and independence are supported by:
- Satisfying and empowering activities
- Homelike setting
- Recreational activities
- Companionship and guidance
- Specially trained staff
- Memory cues for wayfinding